Sunday, September 8, 2013

Week of firsts

Finley James is a kindergartener!! I thought I might feel a little sad sending him off to school for the first time, but I felt so happy for him - he's ready and he's going to love it!! What a sweetheart he was after the first day, when he came home and said his teacher was "awesome!"



We all walked him to school (we were SO smart to buy a house close to schools, though I don't think it was important to us at the time...) Here he is with Daddy, looking for his classroom. I can remember my first day of Kindergarten and doing this same thing in Kingfield Elementary School!


MIss Charlotte is a pre-schooler!! And she loves it, too! After two years of walking Finley to school and picking him up there, Learning Land is finally HER school! She gave Mrs. B. a huge hug when she went in on Thursday morning. After school she greeted me with a big smile and mile-a-minute "I painted and I did playdough and we had stories...etc."

On the way to school (also walking distance!)


 Thanks Darwin & Tristan for the awesome face masks you sent:

Little artists:


Another first this week: Annelise made her first social coos and smiles!! First to Charlotte, then to each of the rest of us throughout the week!! 


Reader participation opportunity: 
1. This baby needs a nickname, whatcha got? 
2. They say turn your passion into a career... so: How can I get paid for snuggling with a newborn all day??



Life is good - we are fortunate!!

No comments: