Sunday, September 15, 2013

Having three kiddos was *almost* a breeze...until one turned up sick last week. One by one the rest of us ended up with a cold, too. It hasn't been a terrible cold, but we also have a few other minor health issues going on in this house and with it all hitting at once, things have certainly been more difficult. For example, when one of the big kids needs immediate help with nose blowing or grumpy-control, it's often hard to attend to them at precisely that moment. Each kid has spent time needing a parent and having to wait more than usual in the last few days. Also, it's way harder for us to be patient and caring when Mommy & Daddy aren't feeling great. I'm still not completely recovered from giving birth yet, either, so I feel like my energy reserves are even lower now and at times it can be challenging. Fortunately, we have pretty precious kids and even when they are runny nosed and coughing and crying during the night, they still manage to steal my exhausted old heart every day.

Pre-sick pictures:

Annelise's first movie with Brother & Sister


So much love!! (Don't be fooled - they are often at odds, but I don't take pictures of them when one is clobbering or provoking the other)

Bedtime - Finley was telling the girls an "imagination" - we do a guided imagery-type story with them before bed every night. Usually we tell it, but Finley loves to make up stories, too.

I predict that 20 years from now I'll have to stop and think hard before I know which baby this is. Somehow they all look alike...


Can you tell how much I love this girl?

Daddy is the MOST comfortable bed!

2 comments:

alli said...

You still have your robe!!!

Anonymous said...

Of course I do! I wear it and love it every day! The best gift ever!!!!