Finley is excited to report that he had his first day of preschool on Tuesday! According to Finley, he "had a little trouble getting out the door" when it was time to leave for school. According to Nathan there were screams, tears, and dramatic "combat" involved as he tried to drag our little learner to the car this morning. We had visited the school playground a week or two ago and that had seemed to ease his school anxieties. He acted a little grumpy about it during the last few days, but for some reason I thought that he would be okay this morning. Obviously I was wrong. Daddy was under strict orders to take a picture of Finley on his first day of school. Here's the best he could get:

The good news is that just as we approached the school (I left work to meet them there), our little scholar announced that he had "changed his mind" and he entered the school without hesitation (though I was required to hold his hand!)
Finley proudly donned his name tag and proceeded to his classroom where he met Mrs. Basquez and the class pet right away. There had been some concern about what kind of pet it would be, as a letter from the school this summer mentioned the pet but provided no details. Fortunately, it turned out to be a fish, which is exactly what Finley was hoping for! Here's a picture of Finley and Blue, the fish:

No comments:
Post a Comment