Thursday, February 17, 2011

Skiing with Mom!

I took the kids skiing today and we had so much fun! It took a lot of gear and time, but we finally got both kids to a lovely trailhead just outside of town. Charlotte enjoyed a ride in the backpack while Finley skied all by himself, and I shuffled a little alongside him and occasionally skied ahead by myself and turned back to him. It took FOREVER to get going - after 30 minutes we were still well within view of the car. But both kids were having fun and I was glad to be outside on a lovely day. After that time, Finley really took off. He started to realize that he could get himself up after falling without any help from me... Before long, he began to realize that he didn't have to fall quite so much! Eventually he was trucking along and asking to keep skiing instead of heading home! Yay! We'll try again on the next warm winter day!

3 comments:

Sparkplug said...

Yeah Shannon! That is great! So glad you decided to get out on skis with the kids. Where did you go? Sounds like it worked well!!

The Gilmore/Alsobrooks said...

Hey Danielle, We went to the Maquoit Preserve Trail - of Bunganuc Rd. It was great - but we didn't see much of it, so I'm hoping to go back sometime when I can get further down the trail.

Sparkplug said...

Cool. I ran by there on Wednesday and noticed that they had made a real parking lot with a kiosk, and wondered what it was like. We'll have to explore it sometime too!