Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Finleyism of the day

We have a very old TV (yep - still the one you passed on to me, Alli) with sound that fades in and out and unreliable reception. Pair that with the fact that over the last several years we just haven't been in the habit of watching television, and the result is this from Finley:

This evening I turned on the news to see what I could find out about the State of the Union address tonight. Finley was captivated and sat on the couch, very still, watching intently. When I called him away for supper, he said that he "really just want(ed) to keep watching the RADIO." - I didn't correct him, it was pretty cute!

3 comments:

Uncle Jason said...

You should stream the SOTU address on your cool new high-speed internet connection!

alli said...

That tv was passed on to me from my parents. It must be fifteen years old. :)

It's like Finley is living in the 1950s or something!!! Hee hee.

The Gilmore/Alsobrooks said...

oh - jas, i should have thought of that... then asked you how to do it!!
and, alli - i betcha it's older than that!!