Saturday, May 8, 2010

First smiles! First trip to the beach!

Somehow managed to get this picture upside down. Oops!




Yesterday we all went to our favorite beach for the first time of the season. There is a fairly long hike to get there from the parking lot (2ish miles) and Finley walked/ran the whole way in by himself! Daddy carried him for part of the way back, but he really put a lot of miles on his little sneakers yesterday! Needless to say, he was tired last night!! Charlotte didn't make it into any of the beach pictures here, but she slept most of the time in her carrier, pausing to nurse and get changed before snoozing again for the hike back to the car.




Charlotte smiled "for real" all last weekend - but *only* at Nana. Every single time Mom or Dad tried to catch her smiling, she'd stop and act like she never had been smiling in the first place! But later, after her visit with Nana was over, we got to see those beautiful smiles for ourselves!
Yesterday morning Finley jumped up in bed next to Charlotte to "tuggle" - he looked at her and laughed and talked and patted her lovingly. I took about a million photos, 'cause it was sooo cute!

She's got a little "baby acne" and, of course, I'm totally worried that its not normal, but I know it probably is. Her poor little face is so red, I'm hoping it gets better very soon. Look at those big blue eyes!!

No comments: