We neglected to report that Finley has attempted one step on a few occasions in the last few weeks - usually starting from standing and stepping forward once before lowering himself down or falling. We decided that although it was certainly a significant development, it didn't quite "count" as real steps yet...Today Finley and I were hanging out on the Bowdoin campus enjoying the beautiful weather. He was standing up by his stroller holding onto his sippy cup then reached his arms out and took TWO steps toward me, landing on my lap at the end of the second step. Later in the evening, while getting ready for his bath, Finley got really brave and let go of the tub to walk right across the room to me! I'd say this was a good FOUR steps or so without holding on to anything! I could tell he was proud of his accomplishment and gave him a big hug and some applause. No more attempts yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing him work on his new skill in the coming days. Congratulations, Finley!!
No comments:
Post a Comment