Yesterday was a tough day for the little guy because he couldn't manage to get any napping done. I had to wake him from his morning nap to go do some errands, and he never quite got it back after that - he ended up being tired for the rest of the day and sleeping several times for a very short while, then waking up grumpy and frantically wanting to nurse. It's about time for him to have another growth spurt, so I think the frantic nursing might have to do with that - but I also think that when he's so tired, he's looking to nurse himself back to sleep. Today I don't have anywhere to go, so I'm committed to letting him sleep as much as he wants - which is precisely what he's doing right now!
It also turned out to be a good day because, even though he was pretty worn out, he enjoyed visits with his grandparents and Auntie H & Uncle TJ. He was pretty good for them, too, showing off his new smiling skills to everyone and *almost* drifting off to sleep for his Grammie several times! It was nice for me to have them drop by - I had them change diapers and hold our little sweetie while I finished the laundry, made dinner, and swept the floor - what a rude host! I'll add photos when Nathan gets home with my camera tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment