Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Adventures in cloth diapering



We used disposable diapers for the first couple of weeks - both for convenience as we were getting used to all things baby and because he's so darn small! Every time I thought about putting a cloth diaper on him, it seemed sooo incredibly huge that I went back to the disposable (an environmentally-friendly brand at least). So - yesterday I decided to just go for it. Before he was born, we did a lot of cloth diapering research and bought several different kinds in newborn sizes - with the idea that we'd try them all out and figure out our favorite style by the time we're ready for the next size. They are huge on him, but I'm slowly figuring out how to put them on in such a way that leaks are minimal. We're going to keep it up with the disposables at night since he sleeps with us and we don't want to wake up covered in Finley pee! In this picture, you'll see my attempt at a "prefold" style diaper. This was right after a bath and he was a tad grumpy so he was flailing all around when I was putting it on. This one DID NOT LEAK! Ha!

No comments: